Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day...an ordinary day

This is the first time I will be writing for someone who is really close to my heart. A mother's day celebration for me has always been like just an ordinary day. I am aware what is being celebrated but the feeling doesn't really sink in to me. I don't feel the excitement every time that event is approaching.

I am not used to greeting my mom and even my grandmother a "happy mother's day". It's not that I don't acknowledge and appreciate their efforts and love. It's just that I never grew up with a "sweet mushy talk" moment with them.

I grew up with my grandmother. I call her "nanay" while I call my mom "ate". Yes, I call her "ate" even though I know she is my real mom. I don't know If that would create an issue.

I remember myself growing up with my lola. There were so many happy and sad memories stocked on my mind. I guess this spot wouldn't be enough If I will be typing them all.


*When I was a kid, I would always ask her to buy me a bicycle but she wouldn't do so. She was afraid that I might get into an accident and so on.

*Since I am "malikot" and "iyakin", she would always place me in a "batya" while doing her laundry. (According to my lola)

* My grandparents used to have a stall in Alabang Supermarket. I am always crying whenever they would go to Divisoria to buy some stocks. She would give me a 5 peso bill to buy something for myself and maybe for me to stop crying. Once they are gone, I would go to the nearest store and buy a "chichirya" (artista lang pala hehehe).

* I remember our driver waking me up every midnight after going to Divisoria just to give me a jolly spaghetti with a 1 liter coke which came from my lola.

* Everytime she will call me from the "kapitbahay" she would always shout my name "huuuuuuuuuu ayan". (I don't know what's with the whoooooo...hehe)

* I remember her worrying where she will get my monthly school fee.

* I guess from the day I started schooling, she was the one who washes my clothes even during my college days. Not only that. she cooks, fix my room and prepare my "baon".

I may never be as expressive as what other people are but I know that in my heart I am grateful that I have someone like her. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are truly blessed to have a grandmother like her, Ry. :-)

    ReplyDelete